DividendMax does not automatically update your portfolio when a takeover occurs.
Presuming Company A (REDD) are taken over by Company B (NTG).
The best way to handle a takeover is to add a sale transaction for Company A at the original outlay price. You can then add a new purchase transaction (in the Transaction tab of the Generator) of Company B shares, and set the purchase price as the outlay price from your original Company A purchase.
The following steps, should help to clarify the process:
- Purchase REDD shares for an outlay price of £241
- REDD are taken over by NTG
- Add a sale transaction for your REDD shares. Set the sale price to the original outlay price (£241)
- Add a new purchase transaction for NTG shares. Set the purchase price to the original outlay price (£241)
- Enter the updated number of shares you hold in the new NTG company